with Christina Gagnier and Sarah Hon
Thursday 26 – Sunday 29 March
In this 25hr module, Christina Gagnier and Sarah Hon (NZ) will take you into the philosophy of tantra and how to bring it into day to day life. One of the revolutions of Tantra was that it was a householder religion. For the first time in the history of yoga, people of different castes, jobs and religions were able to participate in practices that would awaken them in one lifetime. This module is focused on the philosophy of Tantra and how it can be used in all types of relationships to support awakening in Yoga, life, relationships with yourself and with others.
Learning about Tantra
In this module you will learn:
- Nonviolent communication methods to speak from a place of kindness to yourself and others
- Embodied understanding how to know what you are reaching for, how to meet others from a place of clarity and how to take in the relationship so it energetically supports you
- The philosophy of Tantra that supports awakened relating
- How to meet others and yourself from the place of your heart
Thursday evening: 6 – 8 PM
INTRODUCTION TO TANTRA AND LIFE AS A HOUSEHOLDER
As modern yogis, we can’t go into caves to meditate all day for the rest of our lives. Each one of us has a life, community and family
we participate in off our mats. Sometimes it’s hard to integrate what we learn on our yoga mats with the life off the mat. But part of the technology of Tantra was about doing just that. In this lecture, we will explore the following:
1. What is Tantra and how is it relevant to the modern-day yogi and householder?
2. What do we mean by householder religion and how this is a revolution from previous yogic philosophies?
3. How can we start to practice in a way that brings us into more awake, healthy relationships?
4. Some introductory movement, breath and meditation practices to support you in your daily life and relationships
Friday evening 4 PM – 8 PM
4 PM – 5:30 PM
OPENING CIRCLE AND INTRODUCTIONS
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM:
YIELDING, PROPPING, COLLAPSING: AN EXPLORATION INTO HOW WE MEET OURSELVES AND THE WORLD
In this workshop, we will learn concepts of emotional intelligence. You will walk away from this workshop being able to:
1. Understand how we can prop or collapse into our own emotions,
2. Tools to stay embodied while experiencing emotions.
3. How to meet your emotions with grace and space to be easily processed and moved through.
Saturday 8 AM – 7 PM
RELATING TO SELF
8 AM – 11 AM: Morning Practice
Deepen into experiential practices of Tantra and embodiment through journaling, kriya, breath, movement and meditation.
11:00 – 11:30 AM: Morning Tea Break
11:30 – 1 PM:
RELATING TO SELF FROM A TANTRIK PERSPECTIVE
From this workshop, you will be able to:
1. Skilfully relate to and support yourself, according to Tantrik psychology.
2. Learn practices to develop a strong energy body that you can take out into the world and into your relationships, home and family life, workplace, friendships etc.
3. Understand and action Patanjali’s niyamas from a tantrik perspective – including self reflection with openness and curiosity, and work and determination balanced with contentment and pleasure.
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Lunch
2:30 PM – 4:00 PM:
HOW WE RELATE TO OTHERS AND WHY
You will learn (based in Tantrik non-dual psychology):
1. How to identify different types of relationship patterns and why we form them.
2. How to break unhealthy and destructive habits and form healthy and constructive ones.
3. Integrating practices and philosophies such as Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and The Work.
4:00 PM – 4:30 PM Break
4:30 PM – 7 PM:
FOLLOWING EASE AND RECIEVING PLEASURE
An experience based practice inspired by continuum movement, Body Mind Centering, and tai chi.
You will learn:
1. How to embody the digestive system, explore supporting neuroscience, and understand developmental movement patterns that determine what we bond to, or move away from
2. How to explore practices that bond us to pleasure and allow us to receive it in.
3. How to surrender into ease as a way that can support and anchor us in moments of difficulty and stress
4. Discover and connect to your inner resources that support more space around moments of discord and stress
Sunday 8 AM – 5PM
RELATING TO OTHERS
8 AM – 11 AM: Morning Practice
How to embody the heart and what it means to receive and nourish in your heart
11 AM – 11:30 AM: Tea Break
11:30 AM – 1 PM
RELATING TO OTHERS
In this work, you will learn:
1. How to use your strong and robust energy body to relate with love and compassion to your family and friends, workmates, community,
strangers and planet.
2. Understanding Patanjali’s yamas from a tantrik perspective
3. Learn the following tools to increase harmony in relationships:
- Stalking Your Fears
- Holding Space
- True Power
- Radical Acceptance
1 PM – 2:30 PM: Lunch Break
2:30 PM – 5 PM
RELATING TO OTHERS CONT.
We will also have a follow-up Zoom call to discuss how these tools are integrating into your life off the yoga mat.
This module only: $499
Full 300hr Advanced TT (for teachers only) $4590
Full 160hr for students $2500
10% Membership discounts for I Am That – Yoga members apply. (please contact us for the discount code).
Book using the discount code ‘EARLYB’ and save 15% until Feb 29, 2020**
**OFFER EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 15
About your facilitators
Christina Gagnier is a yoga teacher and movement facilitator. She has been moving, dancing, and practicing yoga for almost 20 years. As a teacher, she has facilitated experiences all over the world, including in Bali, Thailand, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica, and the United States. As a yoga teacher, she has studied with a large variety of yogis from various lineages, such as Anusara, Embodied Flow, and Yoga Works.
Christina believes that movement can unlock opportunities for self integration and, therefore, better connection to the external world. She believes that the body holds the opportunity for awakening. For her, movement has been instrumental in recognizing and shifting patterns that have prevented her from having greater freedom in her life. Through yoga and movement, she hopes to give people the tools to choose how they wish to shape their lives.
She is an ERYT 500 yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance who has been teaching since 2011. With more than 3000 classroom hours, she currently leads teacher trainings and mentoring programs internationally. She is also currently completing an Embodied Flow Somatic Movement Therapy certification through ISMETA.
Sarah is part of RISE Yoga (AKL) and a Conscious Brand Strategist. She creates yoga offerings that are energetically balanced to help you to soften and tune in to your own inner truth and power. Each session is themed around a dharma talk (Satsang) on path of Waking Up – self-love, presence, and truth. Sarah then introduces asana (yoga poses) to move this work into and through the physical body, breath-work to open the energy channels and activate Prana (life-force), and meditation and visualisation to take this healing to the deeper layers of the psyche and emotional body.